Planning / Zoning Department
The Planning Department is responsible for guiding, directing, and reviewing land use development activities within Oshtemo Township. The department serves as Staff to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Downtown Development Area Board, Parks Board, and is actively involved with the Township Board.
The Planning Department consists of a Planning Director, Zoning Administrator, and Secretary. The department is responsible for administering the Zoning Ordinance and implementing the Township Master Land Use Plan.
Master Plan Updates:
The draft Master Plan is available for public comment and can be found HERE. Any comments should be submitted to the attention of the Chairperson of the Planning Commission, by e-mail to gro.omethso@notsnhojj, or in writing to Oshtemo Township Hall, 7275 West Main St., Kalamazoo, MI 49009.
In addition, the department provides assistance and information in the following areas:
- Review of all development proposals
- Zoning Ordinance provisions
- Rezoning requests
- Land divisions
- Master land use planning functions for the Township
- Water and sewer extensions
- Sign permits
- Economic development
- Demographic information
The department also responds to requests for information from residents, developers, and others and works closely with the other departments, engineer consulting firm and other County and State agencies.
Planning Documents and Forms you may find helpful:
- Master Plan
- Zoning Ordinance
- Drake Road Sidewalk Study
- Drake Road Sidewalk Study – appendix
- Non-motorized Plan Update
- Planning / Zoning Maps
- Planning Commission Annual Report
- Village Theme Development Plan
Planning Staff includes:
- Julie Johnston – Planning Director gro.omethso@notsnhojj
- Ben Clark – Zoning Administrator gro.omethso@kralcb
- Linda Potok- Secretary gro.omethso@kotopl
7275 W. Main Street,
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
7275 W. Main St
Kalamazoo MI 49009