Welcome to Oshtemo Township!
To protect the interests of the residents and Township, to encourage growth consistent with maintaining the character of our community, and to provide those services which enhance the quality of life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Township's Office Hours?The Township Offices are open Monday thru Thursday 8am - 5pm, Fridays 8am - 1pm. The first Thursday each month, the office will remain closed until 9am for a staff meeting.
The light in the street is out - who do I report that to?Contact Consumers Energy with the light's location.
When do I appeal my property assessment?Assessment notices are sent out in February each year. If you would like to question and/or appeal your assessment, you have 2 weeks to contact the Assessors' Office at Oshtemo Township Hall at 269-216-5225.
Who does the road maintenance and snow plowing for my street?Kalamazoo County Road Commission
How do I recycle in Oshtemo?Curbside through your contracted garbage collection company. Contact Kalamazoo County for additional options.
When are taxes due?Summer taxes are due September 14th every year, and Winter taxes are due February 14th every year.
I can't make the Township Board Meeting...is it recorded?Yes, click here to watch them on Public Media Network.
Who Provides Cable Service?The Township does not select or limit the number of cable providers/channels offered, nor regulate satellite services. Currently four cable providers have franchises:
AT&T U-Verse www.att.com
Charter Communications www.charter.com or 1-888-438-2427
Media Com www.mediacomcable.com
You can visit their websites to determine if they offer service at your address. To report customer complaints or concerns, contact the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) at 517-284-8100.
What can I bring to dump day?Household junk. No yard waste, kitchen garbage, hazardous materials, or large quantity building materials will be accepted. Click here for additional information
Where do I take oil, paint, batteries, computers, and other hazardous materials?Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste: 269-373-5211
Who do I call when I have issues with my city utilities like sewer and water?Kalamazoo City Utilities at 337-8148
CONTACT USClick here for a quick list of Department phone numbers or email us using this Comments/Complaints/Questions Form.
- Police Protection Posted on: Oct 27th, 2016
- 2017 Budget Posted on: Oct 26th, 2016
- WHERE DO YOU VOTE??? Posted on: Oct 26th, 2016
- Clerk's Office Hours Posted on: Oct 26th, 2016
- 2017 - 2022 Capital Improvement Plan (FINAL) Posted on: Oct 26th, 2016
- General Maintenance Position Posted on: Oct 7th, 2016
- Sheriff's Office Crime Mapping Posted on: Sep 20th, 2016
- Transit Update Posted on: Sep 16th, 2016
- Metro Transit Schedule Changes.... Posted on: Aug 11th, 2016
- KL Landfill "GRZ" Posted on: May 6th, 2016
- 2016 Dates Office Closed Posted on: Jan 15th, 2016
- Blood Drives Posted on: Jan 14th, 2016
- Dump Dates Posted on: Jan 14th, 2016
- Set Up a Neighborhood Watch Program Posted on: May 13th, 2014