Employment Opportunity: Planning Director with Job Description
TOWNSHIP PLANNING DIRECTOR
Oshtemo Charter Township – A progressive, growing community in the Southwest Michigan area, is seeking a Planning Director to supervise the operations and staff of the Township Planning Department, including establishing department goals in coordination with Township growth objectives as reflected in the Master Land Use Plan.
- Manage Township long-range and current planning activities, including master planning, zoning administration, development review, and land use issues.
- Provide policy guidance to Township Supervisor and Township Board to assist in the decision-making process.
- Provide assistance to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Downtown Development Authority and Corridor Improvement Authority boards. Attend Township Board meetings, as needed.
- Serve as a resource for department personnel, Township staff, Township Boards, other organizations, and the public.
- Serve as the primary Township liaison to the development community and public for any long-range or current planning concerns.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or related field; Master’s Degree and AICP certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum Five (5) years of professional planning experience, at
supervisory or management level desired.
Competitive salary and benefits. More information can be found at www.oshtemo.org Respond by August 16th, 2019.
Submit resume to Ed Hellwege, HR Specialist via Email at Hellwegee@Oshtemo.org
More information available at www.Oshtemo.org
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to complete a formal application including an authorization to release information and provide references prior to the interview.