Sidewalk Special Assessment District
Surveys will soon commence in the following neighborhoods to support the detailed design of the new sanitary sewer system.
- Beech Ave
- Sky Ridge (Sky Ridge Ave, Driftwood Ave, Westview Ave, Mandalay Dr, Crimson Ln)
- Whitegate Farms (Whitegate Ln, Castleton Ln, Lamplighter Ln, and Powderhorn Dr)
- Fairlane (Wildemere St, Fairgrove St, Strathmore St, and Mansfield St)
- Meridian Ave and Sunset Dr
- West Main St (between 7th and 8th Sts) and north 7th St
The survey information can also be used to install sidewalks in the neighborhoods. It will be cheaper to to install the sidewalks during the sanitary sewer construction and road reconstruction because the contractor will already be fully mobilized in the area. Please note, however, that the sidewalks cannot be funded by the USDA loan and would require the creation of a special assessment district to pay for the sidewalks.
If you are interested in initiating a petition for a sidewalk special assessment district in your neighborhood, the information below will provide information on the process and requirements.
Public Act 246 – The legal process for creating a special assessment district
Public Act 246 Presentation – PowerPoint presentation that helps explain the process