The Assessing Department consists of a MAAO Assessor and a MCAO Assistant Assessor. Some of our duties include the following:
- Keep records of all sales, Principle Residence Exemptions, and property characteristics, and analyze the local Real Estate Market.
- Appraise new or remodeled buildings within the Township.
- Prepare annual assessments, as prescribed and regulated by State Law.
- Appraise all Business Personal Property within the Township.
- Answer questions concerning and assist you in making Land Divisions for property tax purposes.
Forms you may find useful include:
- Property Tax Estimator
- Principal Resident Exemption Affidavit
- Principal Resident Exemption Rescind
- Property Transfer Affidavit
- PRE Active Duty Military Affidavit
- Conditional PRE
- Land Combination Application
- Land Re-description Application
- Land Division Application
- Poverty Exemption Application
- Soldier Exemption Application
- Guidlines for the Michigan Principal Residence Exemption Program
The Assessing Staff includes:
OFFICE / MAILING ADDRESS
7275 W. Main Street, Kalamazoo MI 49009 at the corner of 7th Street
Telephone: 269-216-5225 | Fax: 269 375-7180